Shaving can cause problems. Some men who shave develop serious skin conditions. As a result, they may have to see a physician for a shaving waiver. But can you get a shaving waiver completed online without having to go to the doctor's office? The answer is yes.
Men who require a shaving waiver can obtain one online. Video visits with online doctors can provide patients with routine medical care such as exams, treatment, and help with employer medical forms, like shaving waivers.
If you need a shaving waiver, you will want to know how to make an appointment. You may also need to know how much it may cost.
What Is a Shaving Waiver Online?
Some employers and training programs, including the military, police, and security, have grooming standards and policies that require men to shave their faces. But shaving may cause scarring, excessive dryness, ingrown hairs, or a condition called pseudofolliculitis barbae that you can read about here.
When shaving causes skin complications, a shaving waiver can protect employees. Employers may refer to a shaving waiver form by different terms, including:
- Shaving excusal letter
- No shave waiver
- Beard release
- Military shaving profile
- Medical release or physician’s statement
You can read more about shaving waivers in this article.
A shaving waiver must come from a licensed physician. Online doctors who provide telemedicine services can provide shaving excuse letters for their patients who meet the conditions. Virtual physicians see their patients through a video visit. Then they digitally complete and sign forms required by employers.
How Can I Get a Shaving Waiver Online?
There are just a few steps to getting a shaving waiver online.
- Check with your employer. Ask them what type of documentation is needed to excuse employees from the shaving policies. Ask if there are specific forms to complete and sign with your doctor. If they do not have a form, then your doctor can provide a letter for you.
- Find a doctor. A quick internet will turn up doctors that can help with your shaving exemption. Skim for details such as availability, cost, and patient reviews.
- Book an appointment. You should be able to book the appointment right away either online or by contacting the office. Be sure to provide insurance information if you have it, and let the doctor know the reason for your visit. Tell them upfront that you need a shaving waiver for your job.
- See the doctor. Tell the doctor what symptoms you have because of shaving. Do you have pain? Itching? Does your skin change colors? The doctor should perform an exam and answer any questions you have.
- Get the shaving waiver! Lastly, the doctor will provide a form from the visit to excuse you from shaving if you’ve met the employer requirements.
These five steps are simple and painless. In most cases, men can obtain the online shaving excuse within a couple of days.
How Much Does a Shaving Waiver Online Cost?
A shaving excuse letter or “no-shave waiver” is usually completed as part of a doctor’s visit. If your insurance covers the cost of the doctor visit, then it may be free.
Still, if you do not have insurance or your insurance will not cover the visit, the cost of an online shaving waiver is around $50.
Is an Online Shaving Waiver the Same as In-Person?
Sometimes men do not have a doctor they see regularly or cannot wait for the next available doctor's appointment. Travel time and cost are also factors when choosing to see a doctor. When it is not possible to get to a doctor near you, the next best thing is a video visit. Many patients are very happy with telemedicine services (seeing a doctor online) because they are convenient and inexpensive.
Through a video visit, the online doctor can see and hear the patient. They can ask and answer questions. Doctors still examine the patient to make a diagnosis. And they can refer patients to a laboratory or outpatient center if any tests are needed. When it comes to shaving excuse forms, whether completed online or in person the paperwork is the same.
But watch out! Patients must be careful about choosing an online doctor. Not all virtual doctors’ offices are the same. Some telehealth services do not schedule you to see a doctor. They may take your information and payment to complete a shaving waiver, but never actually schedule you with a doctor.
Connect with Our Board-Certified Physicians
We offer live, video visits with real doctors. Our caring experts offer the highest quality service. To get a shaving waiver online from a top board-certified physician, book an appointment now!